Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Today is Gonna Be a Great Day

Do you like Phineas and Ferb? I love it, so so much. At first, I was a bit ashamed to admit it, being a 19 year old girl after all. Yet, I find its charms so appealing, I can't help but love it openly. And as it turns out, I'm not the only one.

I went to a Phineas and Ferb panel at Comic-con last year and learned a lot about the thoughts and motivations behind the show. It was particularly interesting to learn what the adults got out of it and I was surprised to find that most adults admitted to watching the show without their kids. Some didn't even have kids. I know my 22 year old friend and I were there because we were big fans.

I find Phineas and Ferb to be the kind of show that caters to everyone, but not in a down-your-throat sort of way. It isn't a show that kids love and adults tolerate because there's some silly pop culture references. It's a show that kids love and adults love too. I find the brothers charming in their earnest attempts to make every day fun, something I certainly wish I had the creativity to do. The themes presented are ones anyone can relate to, and I find the newer episodes follow the formula less and less, making for an ever-changing dynamic show. I can honestly say I've seen every episode, and I don't hope to stop soon. Phineas and Ferb is an innocent, happy, and genuinely funny show. It's a rare breed nowadays.

Also, Perry the Platypus is a BAMF.

No comments:

Post a Comment