Wednesday, December 15, 2010

There's a Drumming Noise Inside my Head

Do you know of Florence + the Machine? I find their music to be quite powerful. The way they mix it makes it sound like Florence is a one woman choir. She produces an unbreakable wall of sound, and the effect it has on their meaningful lyrics is magical. Florence's voice has an operatic quality and is very strong, almost bursting, something you wouldn't expect from a girl with such a tiny speaking voice. I particularly relate to the raw power of Drumming Song, a song detailing the emotion that overcomes a person when they see someone they love or lust after. It's a feeling I know all too well, and the desparate sounding music coupled with the lyrics are gripping.

I feel like her songs put me in a trance like state. They overpower my senses completely, and turning them up to drown out all other sound is a religious experience. I would very much like to see them in concert. Surely, a sound such as theirs would draw me in completely, until I forgot where I was and just focused on the thoughts and feelings their music triggers.

Here's the link for Drumming Song. The music video is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpLXQorSQe8

No comments:

Post a Comment