Sunday, August 29, 2010

Show Me Your Fangs

Well, after long hours of indecision, I've finally come up with an artifact. Is it original? Probably not. But do I know a fair amount about it? Unfortunately, yes. That's right boys and girls. My topic is vampires.

Why? Well, the reason is, we're in the middle of an epidimic right now. Vampirism has swept the nation, giving rise to tweens and middle aged women gone mad from bloodlust. You can't walk five feet without being accosted by wave after wave of bloodsucking nonsense. Things like Twilight have created fanaticle groups of people, dying to get a taste of that forbidden fruit, as well as a taste of Taylor Lautner's abs. And its not just vampires now. Werewolves, demons and even fairies have spawned from this crazy cultural phenomenon. What does it mean? Where is it headed? And most importantly, when is it all just going to stop? These are the questions I intend to find the answers to.

Possible topics to include:
Twilight and Domestic Violence
True Blood = Paper-Thin Metaphor for Various Minority Rights Movements
The Evolution of Vampirism: From Nosferatu to Interview with a Vampire and Beyond
All That Glitters is Not Dead: The True Vampire and What it Means to Us
And so on. (By the by, I just made those up as silly names for topics to cover. They aren't existing articles or anything. I think.)

I can't be sure as to what horrifying conclusion I'll come to, but whatever it is, I'm sure it'll shed some light on this crazy vampire trend.

For now,
Mischief Managed.

PS: This is NOT my essay. This is just a blog entry of my thoughts.

1 comment: